Instead, Silence.

For months, I have intended to write about everything in my life – the big and the small.  I have had bursts of "Wow, I really should write about this!" as often as I have "My friends all over the country are going to think I'm dead if I don't post soon."  I really have had the best intentions.

Instead, silence.


I have felt tapped out by my wonderful life and didn't have the energy to write it all down.  With that in mind, I thought I might share some of the happenings I would be remiss not to write.

One of the biggest changes that has happened is the disbanding of my former (incredible) ward here in Provo.  The First Presidency decided to restructure the whole of how YSA/student wards work in highly concentrated young Mormon areas.  The restructuring is complicated, and I'm sure you have heard all about it by now (me being so far behind the times in my writing).  Suffice it to say, Oy.  What a change.


Don't get me wrong, my new ward is just fine.  And there are some really incredible things that are happening – I'm really enjoying Sunday School, for example.  Eek.  *Foot in mouth.*  It's not that I didn't enjoy Gospel Doctrine in my old ward, it's just....different.  Maybe the fact that we're sitting in a classroom...?

One of the hardest things about leaving my old ward was this very heavy feeling of incompletion when it came to my calling as a Relief Society teacher.  Turns out, I wasn't finished after all.  Just four days into the new ward, the first counselor in the Bishopric (who, by the way, is younger than I am) called me in and asked me to be a Relief Society teacher.  Score.

My dating life has been quite eventful, if not a bit of a sit-com.  I will spare the whole world intimate details, but suffice it to say, dating in Provo is quite...well, it is what it is.  There have been a few bright, shining moments wherein I found myself thinking Oh, right.  This is what I'm actually looking for.  Which is great!  But for the most part, dating has been a series of missteps and after-date recaps with Mad that end in me saying "What was I thinking?"

But I sure have some stories to tell.

Oy.

I promise I'm usually wittier or more insightful, but give a girl a break!  This is really my first time back in months!  I'll be better next time, je te promet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lauren Kay House © 2011