Snooze

True confession:


I hit the snooze button.  Every. Single. Morning.  Multiple times.  Knowing this inevitable fact about myself, I actually build in time to snooze.  I usually set my alarm for at least 30 minutes before the time I actually have to get out of bed.  I believe this is what Jack Johnson would call "waking up slow."

The thing is, the word 'snooze' has been very disconcerting of late.

Perhaps it's the fact that I'm super groggy/in the midst of REM every time I see it.  Or maybe I'm experiencing semantic satiation.  Or maybe it's just a weird word.

Even now, the word seems so, so, so weird.  Snooze.  Snooze.  Snooze.  Snooze.  I had to Google it to make sure I was spelling it correctly, because it just doesn't seem quite right.

Has this ever happened to you?  Isn't it super disconcerting?

1 comments:

Lilianne said...

Lo, you're so great. So, before I had a child to wake me up every morning, I would set my alarm nearly an HOUR early so that I could snooze. So classic. I thought I was the only crazy one to do this. But hitting the snooze button was a definite must.

And I totally get when you realize how weird a word is. I remember distinctly saying the word WALK to myself and realizing what a terribly crazy word it is. This has happened to me with THE and a few others. But seriously, I totally have done this plenty of times!

xoxoxo

Post a Comment

 

Lauren Kay House © 2011