Oh, The Places I'll Go!


Just to be clear:  this is not a post about resolutions.  I've never much liked resolutions, being that they are so...resolute.  My view from where I stand now looking forward is as through a glass dimly.  How can I be resolute in my direction when I do not assume to know the mysteries that lay ahead?

Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footy as you.

And when things start to happen,
don't worry.  Don't stew.
Just go right along.
You'll start happening too.

And so, I don't make resolutions.  Instead, I have–for years–identified my priorities for the year, my most desired areas of growth.  In so doing, I create the space for personal expansion without either A) the pressure to live up to the idealized version of me of whom I was thinking when I set the resolutions, or B) under-reach because my resolutions didn't take into account further growth.  

All this prefacing aside, here are my priorities for 2011 (I will write more about each of these in the coming days):

एक:  Balancing the Intellectual and the Spiritual

द्वि:  Focusing on Inviting People to Christ Instead of Disarming Them of Their Prejudices

त्रि:  Precision in Language and Thought

चतुर्:  A Hyper-Focus on True Faith and Not Under-Reaching

पञ्च:  Creating Room in My Life for Possibility

षष्:  Continually Improving My Vision

As I move forward through this coming year, the above areas of growth can evolve with me.  Regardless of the changes thrown my way, the above list will not only remain relevant to who I become through change, but determine in part how I experience the changes coming down the path.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lauren Kay House © 2011