Day 4 of the Western Trek: Kearney, NE - Provo, UT

As previously discussed, traveling any second longer than necessary was absolutely out of the question.  I wanted to get "home" and NOW!  So, when I was talking with my mom standing outside a Subway in Kearney, NE, and she said something to the effect of "If I were you, I would have just driven 15 hours a day until I was bleary eyed, stumble into bed and do it all over again the next day until I was there," I had an epiphany.  Given, she was complimenting me for taking my time and having lots of adventurous stops along the way.  It, however, had never even occurred to me to drive until I got there, without stopping.  I woke up and thought to myself Why am I stopping in podunk Cheyenne for 3 hours when I could get to Provo in approximately that amount of time?

And then it came to pass that I drove 11.5 hours in one day, arriving in Provo half a day earlier than expected.

That being said, I didn't get tons of pictures during this leg of the trip.  Those that I did manage to take, though, are pretty beautiful!  Take a look....



Just outside of Sydney, NE.  Pretty, pretty sky!




Right.   Because when I think of Nebraska, I naturally think "Ahhhh....the good life."  Uh huh.




This was my first glimpse of the mountains in Wyoming.

As a side note, I must say that it is a pretty incredible thing watching the landscape evolve from the plains to hills to plateaus to full-on mountains.  

And I must say, mountains are just......incredible.




Oh man, you have no idea how excited I was to see this sign!




On the last stretch of road between me and home (it still feels weird to write that), I was privy to a front seat lightning show.  I couldn't get a picture of the lightning, but thought that this cloud was amazing.


Alright, kiddos.  I hope that you have enjoyed my travels as much as I have.  Back to the hum-dum life now, I promise.

Up next:  oh, nothing even close to this interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lauren Kay House © 2011